There are a number of apps in the App Store that have changed the way we use our mobile phone.
CamCard falls in that category of apps. It is a must-have app if you get business cards and find it a pain to manage them. With CamCard, all you need to do is take a photo of the business card and it automatically adds the contact details from the business card to your iPhone’s Contact. You can also use it as your digital card holder.
Here are some of the key features of CamCard:
- Batching scanning
- Card Holder Back-up
- Exchange cards with QR code
- Recognize QR Code business cards
- Export card informaton to Excel file
- Email Signature Recognition
- Anti-shake photo shooting
- Display the corresponding image when editing business card
- Auto-detect text orientation
- Auto-rotate card images
- Auto-crop card images
- Auto-enhance business card images
- Card holder to manage all contacts and make daily correspondence including make phone calls, send SMS, send emails, browse web pages and locate address on map
- Password for Card Holder
- LinkedIn search and invitations
- Double-side business card image
- Add contact information into different groups
- Merge with exiting contacts
- Share contact information via Email, SMS, QR Code
- Make notes to cards
CamCard is compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad 2. However, due to iPad 2’s camera resolution, the developers of CamCard have advised iPad users to try the lite version of the app first before buying the paid app.
CamCard is on the expensive side at $6.99. If you need an app like this then you can probably try the free version of the app – CamCard Lite using this iTunes link and buy the paid CamCard app (iTunes link) if you like it.
CamCard app has been around for quite sometime, so we’re sure some of you’re already using it. We would love to find out what do you think of the app, so let us know in the comments or if you use an app that does this better, please feel free to tell us about it.