GV Mobile, the popular Google Voice application for jailbroken iPhone users just got an updated version. The new GV Mobile+ app has tons of new features compared to the older version.
In an announcement on his blog, Sean Kovacs, the developer of the iPhone app has said that the updated version shall not be free and will come with a $2 price tag.
As mentioned in a preview of this app late last month, GV Mobile+ comes with support for multiple Voice accounts, Voicemail transcriptions and direct access to iPhone contacts. Additionally, the app also comes with ‘Do Not Disturb‘ settings and data syncing features.
Here is the complete list of new features on offer:
- New tab system for Contacts, Favorites, Keypad
- Landscape SMS
- Call & Add Contact from SMS main view
- International support for SMS (until Google blocks it)
- Call, Text, & Add Contact from History
- Voicemail transcriptions, new voicemail screen layout
- Call, Text, & Add Contact from Voicemail
- Local archiving of voicemail (doesn’t download every time)
- Offline dialing (via dialing GV #)
- Default Area code (for those that don’t need to dial the area code in you area)
- More data sync options (Interval, Startup, Startup on demand, manual)
- Multiple Accounts
- User selectable tab to open to
- More Google Settings : Do Not Disturb, Call Screening, Call Presentation
GV Mobile is one of the several Google Voice based applications that Apple removed last year from the App Store. Since then, the iPhone app has been available on Cydia for jailbroken iPhone users. If you are interested in purchasing this app, check it out under the ModMyi repo on Cydia. As always, don’t forget to let us know what you think of the app and if the new features in the latest version worth $2?
[via Sean Kovacs Blog]