Spotify has finally launched its streaming music service in the U.S. During the invite-only beta phase, Spotify will be offering three options: Spotify Free, Spotify Unlimited and Spotify Premium.
Spotify is popular in Europe and has received glowing reviews, even from the likes of Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerburg.
Spotify for iPhone app that has been available in some of the European App Stores for quite sometime is also finally available in the U.S. App Store. Users who opt for the Spotify Premium plan will be able to access Spotify’s music streaming service on the iPhone.
Spotify made the following announcement on their blog:
During our invite-only beta phase, we’ll be offering three great services – from absolutely free to paid subscriptions. The services we’re launching today are:
– Spotify Free – the unsurpassed free music service. With an invite, enjoy on-demand, buffer-free access to over 15 million songs on your computer and great social features. Manage your own music files through Spotify, and sync with your cellphone or iPod. Features occasional advertising.
– Spotify Unlimited – all the special features of our free service, but with uninterrupted, ad-free access to Spotify on your computer. All for only $4.99 a month.
– Spotify Premium – the top-of-the-range Spotify experience. Premium gives you access to all the music, all the time. Listen online or offline, on your computer, your cellphone and a whole heap of other devices. Enjoy enhanced sound quality and access to exclusive content, competitions and special offers. Premium costs just $9.99 a month. (That’s the equivalent of a couple of fancy coffees.)
Spotify for iPhone includes the following features:
Stream millions of tracks from thousands of albums and artists to your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Take your existing Spotify playlists with you on the go – listen to them during your commute, in the gym or on a flight. With ‘Offline mode’ you can listen even when no connection is available. Wirelessly sync your local files to your phone to merge your catalogue with ours, no cables required!
Download and get started directly from your mobile.
• Wirelessly sync your local files to your phone
• Create and sync playlists
• Receive music from friends via the inbox
• Star your favourite tracks
• Scrobble tracks to Last.fm
Spotify Premium provides you with:
• Access to over 13 million tracks from our catalogue
• Offline playlists – listen to music with no mobile connection and avoid using your data allowance
You can signup for an invite by following this link to checkout the free option or you can directly signup for Spotify Premium or Unlimited for $4.99 or $9.99 a month respectively. You can download Spotify for iPhone using this iTunes link.
Will you switch to Spotify or will you stick to Apple’s iTunes? Do you think Apple should be worried?
[via Spotify blog]