TeleNav has just unveiled their new navigation service called Scout at CES 2012, which can be accessed via an iPhone app, a web app on Scout.me and in-car systems.
TeleNav claims that their navigation app is different from other apps:
Scout is different from other navigation and discovery services because it provides a single, easy-to-use experience for daily information that is important and customized for each driver’s personal journey. Using Scout, drivers can easily and efficiently navigate their commutes, run errands, and explore places around them.
TeleNav has also announced that Scout will launch later this year with Ford as part of Ford’s AppLink service and what it means to Ford car owners:
Scout for Ford SYNC AppLink will offer multiple benefits to drivers. By adding voice control, Scout allows drivers to access and control a full range of functions while keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. Directions will be channeled through the car’s speakers and visible turn-by-turn navigation cues will be shown on the car’s radio display. Additionally, Scout for Ford SYNC AppLink will give drivers access to the entire Scout service, so when they discover and save their favorite events and locations at www.scout.me, they can seamlessly access these preferences through AppLink while in the car.
TeleNav’s iPhone app includes the following features:
- My Dashboard – always know when to leave with traffic-based drive times just a glance away
- My Routes – never get lost with award-winning Telenav® turn-by-turn directions, used to drive more than 10 billion miles every year
- My Traffic – avoid traffic jams with real-time traffic for your daily commute
- My Places – discover great, new places wherever you are or going to be
- My Favorites – remember that great hole-in-the-wall you discovered with my favorites
- My Music – hear your iPod tunes without ever leaving your app
- My Devices – use Scout on your computer, on your phone, and soon in your car (with equipped cars)
click on the image above to see the slideshow of the screenshots
TeleNav’s app is available for free in the App Store so download it using this link and let us know what you think of the iPhone app in the comments.
It looks like the app is currently available only in the US App Store.